On January 26th 2017, from 14.15–15.30, CANVAS will host a panel at this year’s “Computers, Privacy & Data Protection” conference in Brussels – a world-leading multidisciplinary conference on legal, regulatory, academic and technological development in privacy and data protection.
The panel “The Ethical Challenges of Cybersecurity” will address questions such as: Is enforcing cybersecurity ethical in all cases? Which are the most relevant value conflicts in cybersecurity? How to resolve ethical dilemmas in cybersecurity? What are the practical consequences of ethics for cybersecurity practitioners in governments and industry?
The Panel consists of the following participants:
- Chair: Michael Meier, Universität Bonn (Germany); researcher in Cybersecurity and Cyberdefense
- Moderator: Gloria Gonzalez Fuster, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium); researcher in legal issues related to privacy, personal data protection and security
- Speaker 1: Athina Karatzogianni, University of Leicester (United Kingdom); researcher in media and communication
- Speaker 2: Mikko Hermanni Hyppönen, F-Secure (Finland); Chief Research Officer of F-Secure
- Speaker 3: Don Howard, University of Notre Dame (USA); researcher in ethical and legal issues of cyberconflict and cybersecurity
- Speaker 4: Nathalie Van Raemdonck, Centre for Cyber Security Brussels, Belgium; Project Manager
Please visit the CPDP website for further information: http://www.cpdpconferences.org/
A video of Mikko Hyppönen’s talk is available on YouTube: