The following program is a draft. We will publish an up-to-date version and more details here before the event.
The avdent of GDPR, growing consumer concern about personal data breaches and increased policy foucs on the ethical implications on of the confluence of big data in AI are rapidly becoming a priority for businesses of all sizes. This workshop brings together a variety of stakeholders to discuss the current landscape in ethics, data and cybersecurity, its impact on data governance practice in business, the skills and training needed to address the risks, the view of regulators and policy makers and drill-down with industry practioners on ethical hacking and data breach disclosures.
Tuesday 11th June 2019
10.00-10.10: Welcome, Bert Gordijn, DCU Institute of Ethics
10.10-10.45: Landscape in Big Data and AI Ethics policy: Dave Lewis, ADAPT Centre
10.45-11.20: Data Ethics and Privacy in Practice: Katherine O’Keefe, CastleBridge Associates
11.20-12.10: Skills and Training in Ethics, Privacy and Cybersecurity
Highlevel briefing on national and internaitonal training intiatives and QA:
- Second level & Undergrad Ethics Training: Linda Hogan, TCD
- Masters training in Data Privacy: Rob Brennan, DCU
- PhD Training: PROTECT network, Dave Lewis, TCD
- Postdoctoral training – standards and regulation: Markus Helfert DCU
- Legal CDP in Data Protection: Eoin O’Dell, TCD
- Practioner training in ethics of cyber security: Gwen Morgan, DCU
12.10-13.30: Lunch and Showcase
13.30-14.30: Ethics in Cybersecurity
- Markus Christen - Business and Policy Landscape: Where Europe is at the moment in terms of their research agenda and what the role of CANVAS is. Ie Markus can describe the status quo and how the EC will use the results of CANVAS to formulate deeper research and implement policies. Markus will mentioned what the follow up of CANVAS will be.
14.30-15.00: Coffee Break
15.00-16.30: Managing Data Breaches
- Petros Efstathopoulos, Symantec Ireland – Talk details TBC
- Johann Roturier, Symantec Ireland – Talk details TBC
16.30: Day 1 Wrap up
Wednesday 12th June 2019
09.00-10.45: Ethical Hacking
- Erka F-Secure – Teaching Ethical hacking as a matter of assurance, risk and auditing in business.
- Florian Grunow ERNW (PEN Tester) – Ethical problems for hackers (unintentional discoveries, managing demands from clients).
11.15-13.00: Policy and Regulatory Perspective
- Demosthenes Ikonomou ENISA: Also about the EC but more in operational terms. What is Europe doing in relation to cybersecurity in business? How does the No More Ransom website work? What do we need to more of and less of to improve cybersecurity in Europe?
- Speaker from Irish DPO – TBC
13.00: Workshop wrap up
14.00-17.00: Canvas project consortium meeting
List of speakers
Linda Hogan, TCD
Rob Brennan, DCU
Dave Lewis, TCD
Markus Helfert, DCU
Eoin O’Dell, TCD
Gwen Morgan, DCU
Markus Christen, N/A
Petros Efstathopoulos, Symantec Ireland
Johann Roturier, Symantec Ireland
Erka Koivunen, F-Secure
Florian Grunow, ERNW, PEN Tester
Demosthenes Ikonomou, ENISA
Speaker from Irish DPO,